Cranberry Granita with Orange Whipped Cream
- 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon (scant) ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups cooked cranberry sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granted orange peel
- 3/4 cup chilled whipping cream
Bring cranberry juice, 1/2 cup sugar, and cloves to boil in small saucepan, stirring often; set aside. Puree cranberry sauce in processor; add juice mixture and puree. Pour mixture into 8x8-inch baking dish; freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
Boil orange juice and 2 tablespoons sugar in small saucepan until reduced to 1/4 cup, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Mix in peel. Cool orange syrup.
Whisk cream and 3 tablespoons orange syrup in medium bowl to soft peaks. Scrape tines of fork across frozen cranberry mixture, forming flakes. Mound generous 1/2 cup granita to 1 side in each of 6 glasses. Mound 1/4 cup whipped cream on opposite sides. Drizzle remaining orange syrup over cream in each.